View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 04:50 AM   #12
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbackes View Post
Years ago I was stopped on the Golden Gate bridge and was told that Segways where not allowed. Since then I have received information that Segways are allowed on the bridge when used as a mobility device by the disabled.

Current Policty on transporting a segway on the bus
Thank you, Jeff! It's nice to see the bridge and bus policies have been updated.

The procedure seems very similar to that on Caltrain, somewhat awkward but workable. I highly recommend anyone using a Segway on transit should bring some bungee cords for securement. I've found that to be pretty essential pretty much everywhere.

I wonder who worked with them on working that out (or if they copied it from another agency).

The people I've worked with at GGT regarding the ferry system have been pretty good people. I haven't ridden the ferries in a while, and I miss them.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote