View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 12:14 AM   #10
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarkus View Post
Although we did not institute this action we are more than ready for whats to come. This is not something we were not prepared for, we just chose to work other avenues as for as universal acceptance.

It will not be difficult to object as part of the class. All that will be needed is for people who use the Segway as a mobility aid to fill in some info that will be available at www.DRAFT.org .

We know whats coming and the be frank we were drawn into this because DRAFT/Segs4Vets is recognized as the only organization that is involved with the Segway issue at a National level. We have the info to contact a large portion of Segway users with disabilities. We also have attorney's that are both familiar with the Segway and Civil Rights law.

The biggest problem with useing outside (ACLU) people is that they have little , if any, understanding of the Segway.

DRAFT has worked since the introduction of the Segway towards acceptance as a mobility aid and has achieved huge strides in a short time.

We are more than ready to undertake this battle.

Be Big,
AMAC

I did not mean to be in any way diminutive in my comments. I have a great deal of respect for Draft and Segs-4-Vets, and all that has been accomplished. The principals and others involved in both those endeavors have my unwavering admiration. I have posted such many times, and am proud to do it again...

I was more ranting at what I considered a legal maneuver by the Disney legal team, than how prepared I was guessing the other side is...

So, if anyone who read my words read them to say that I thought that Draft or Segs-4-Vets may not have their ducks in a row, and were well prepared for what ever they may deal with tomorrow or the next day, I am sorry for poorly stating my position. I do not feel that way at all...

I whole heartily and comfortably will take my cues from them, and am happy to help crew on any ship where they have the tiller.

Keep us posted on what we should do, and I for one, will do my best to help.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote