View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 01:04 PM   #9
Don M
Don M is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Sorry to hear of your decision, but I fully understand what led to it

I've got a pretty bad case of glaucoma and after nearly 40 years of motorcycle riding, I had to give that up also - Fortunately, before I had an accident. I liked to ride aggressively, but keeping it to about 8/10ths of my capabilities and never had a serious accident . . . . not counting my youth when due to my lack of basic intelligence, I considered myself unbreakable. Once I realized how compromised my vision was, I never swung a leg over another bike, despite the fact that I still owned 4 at the time . . . . and still have 2 now

It was really tough stepping away from bikes, but it needed to be done and I knew it. Shortly after, we discovered Segways and my son commented that I had found a 'slower, safer alternative to riding motorcycles' - I disagreed at first, but he's right. I'm sure one day we'll have to give them up too, but like you, we'll probably wait until after the first major 'incident'. Hopefully since it will happen at 12 mph or less, it won't be as hurtful as a bike crash!

Don
Don M is offline   Reply With Quote