View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 12:53 PM   #8
terryp
terryp has a spectacular aura aboutterryp has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Default Update

After a CT scan of my head, MRIs of upper leg and knee, and xrays of chest, knee and ankle, I finally have a tally of damage done.

Grade 3 MCL tear, grade 2 MCL tear, 5" diameter hematoma, and a badly sprained ankle. Fortunately, what they originally thought was a broken shoulder has healed nicely. But I'll be wearing a knee brace 24/7 for at least a couple months, and have difficulty walking due to the sprain and a knee that won't bend much. The partial MCL tear should heal in 3-4 months, but the full tear will never heal. Starting PT tomorrow.

I've decided I can't afford to risk another fluke Segway accident - something that worried my wife every time I took it out - pretty much daily. (I can't blame her after two car-Segway collisions.) So, after 14 years and some 34,000 miles, many great memories of people I've met and places I've explored, I'm reluctantly selling my two i2s. It's been a heck of a lot of fun - life-changing, even, and I still consider the Segway to be one of the coolest machines ever invented. This forum has been very helpful to me over the years, and I'll probably continue to monitor it out of habit.

Stay safe, everyone.