Thread: Segfree
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 05:15 PM   #16
Lily Kerns
Lily Kerns will become famous soon enoughLily Kerns will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpy guy View Post
Cool. I assume these will be used indoors with the stock as opposed to the ATV tires.

As much fun as those tires are it moves the footprint from "common wheelchair" to "other power driven device". At that point it gives places of public accommodation to much wiggle room to say "not in my building".
As I understand it, if you are disabled, you are as much entitled to use one on the trails as in a building or any other place. The model you are using is not relevant. It may make a difference on whether or not it goes through a building doorway, but it makes the trail possible...

The officials, of course, may not see it that way, but the law does not differentiate. It is not a wheel chair so that comparison does not apply (wheelchairs cannot be denied.). OPDMDs can be denied but only under very specific conditions. The size of the tires is not an environmental issue. Some time back, I asked that question, and the response here was that the wider tires are even more environmentally friendly than the regular ones. If it will work in your building, it is still not an environmental issue.

I'm thinking that the issue might arise on the width of doorways, but there are specific rules on that. Are there tires available that are wide enough to make that an issue?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lily Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote