View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 06:12 PM   #10
GlennO
GlennO is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Jeez, 1990 was almost 20 years ago! We all know that batteries work much better now than they did then. I think most of the problem is that the majority of people think that electric transportation doesn't exist.

Like part of that new 800 billion includes new cars for some government workers. Why can't they make them all electric? I've done facotgry work too, and it is (simply put, of course), replacing a car's engine and gas tank. Sure some people will be out of work, but the ones that are making those electric car parts will probably require more workers.

Does an electric car get better milage by plugging it in and getting their electricity from a power plant - even if the local power plant was fed by gas?
Gee, what if you could put up one of those windmills in your back yard and use that to feed electricty to your electric car! After the windmill gets paid for, you have fee gas!

We're supposed to be getting something like 350mpg on the Segways. If you drive to work in a gas-powered car, that is something for some people at least, to think about.

Its getting the country to see that electric powered vehicles are more efficient than gas-powered ones. It isn't a final solution, but I think it is a start.

Glenn
GlennO is offline   Reply With Quote