Thread: Slime
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2006, 08:15 PM   #8
opti6600
opti6600 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Check my previous posts.

I have a pair of tires out in the garage that I could still use, even though they're basically Swiss cheese, courtesy of Slime. It was just getting to the point that I would have to reapply too often to keep the holes clogged up for my comfort.

But yes, you want to use Slime Super Duty Tire Sealant - the green stuff with black bits in it, it's intended for low-to-medium-speed tubeless tires. Once again, tubeless tires - I'm not certain about how it would work on the new-model ETTs, you may have to stick with the bike sealant for that type of tire.

It's amazing stuff, highly recommended for anything short of boring 1/2" holes in your tire. I had nails, glass fragments, metal bits, screws, tacks, thorns, wood bits, you name it - everything got stuck on my commute tires - and Slime Super Duty plugged all the holes. Just make sure you put your unit on a stool and get the stuff evenly applied using power assist (and a couple of balance-mode bumps) - about a quarter-bottle per tire will do the trick.

Hope it goes well!
opti6600 is offline   Reply With Quote