View Single Post
Old 03-07-2016, 11:23 PM   #164
Seginaway
Seginaway will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorblades View Post
do the givis have a built in quick attach mechanism that clips onto the cargo platesand do these have the long handle in the lid like ive seen in some pics?
There are slots that the cases slide into to attach them to the bottom of the upper cargo frames, then there are two (2) torx screws that hold the cases to the upper part of the cargo frames. As a result, the cases move around from side to side by an inch or more as one glides; actually just like the cargo plates move as one glides. In some cases one's lean into a turn is restricted by the cases.

Further, the cases are not quick release, nor are the locked cases; a key must be used to release the tops versus just a simple push button. Good for security unless someone really wants the case and then they just take it, but a little pain to open and close on glides around town.

Really wanted these over the years but I'm not too sure now. My backpack seems to work well. Another couple months and I'll know.

Definitely not quick release. In order to remove the cases and hold by the handles, you need to use a torx wrench on two (2) separate screws for three (3+) plus minutes. Definitely not a quick release.

Last edited by Seginaway; 03-07-2016 at 11:28 PM.. Reason: quick release description
Seginaway is offline   Reply With Quote