View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 05:49 PM   #119
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seginaway View Post
Thanks, Pete.

I've noticed that since the tire change that the InfoKey speed appears to be false and I am thinking of utilizing a GPS to get a better figure. From your earlier statement, if I calculated properly; the former top speed of 12.5 mph is increased by 5% difference in circumference, then the new top speed should approach 13.125 mph. Doesn't seem like much, but I feel like I'm gliding like the wind now.

Also, one of my Li-Ion is an original which is now 7 years old (the other is 5+ year old MTO refresh through my Dealer) so there is definitely a reduced performance expectation added to the tire size change. I figure it's a combination of old Li-Ions and the larger size tires that are reducing uphill performance, though it's my belief that downhill and straightaway, slight decline, performance has been enhanced.

As to psi, the new setup includes tubes and is around 8-9psi which is higher then what I ran before but provides longer distance. For a comfy ride, I found that the 3-4psi number was the best for all-terrain gliding and what I use most.
One thing to consider with marginal or questionable batteries, but it actually is a segway constant, is that the lesser of the two batteries, if one is actually stronger than the other, is what the segway displays and acts upon.

A question that is most likely best answered by MTO, is something that I have considered in the past, and if memory serves, has been touched upon in the past...

Since the rear battery seems to drive the radio board, does it make sense to rotate the batteries for even or more even use? I suspect that on a week to week, or month to month basis, it may matter less, but since several of us now have 7 year old batteries, even a tiny extra load may be worth swapping them front to rear.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote