View Single Post
Old 10-25-2014, 05:02 PM   #27
Segfree
Segfree is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpy guy View Post
I'm as strong as you're going to find and the center shaft is a problem on many levels. Lowering and removing things are not convenient if it needs to be done fifty times a day.

Look its a great product, as a speciality seat. As a viable chair option it's just too flawed.

Thx for your input, I know we cant be all things to all people. The Segfree started as a single unit built for my wife, and as such I designed to a very narrow scope. The Segfree is meant as a second chair, and not a primary one.

Centre controll, very easy to remove, actuator driven seatpan for very aggresive riding, and higher seat height for better offroad performance, and a more natural walking height when next to me, that was our scope.

For me, I just wanted to walk hand in hand with my wife again...

I value your guys input tremendously. My wife only got hurt 8 Dec 2012, so I have been working on this for a very short time. Ultimately I want the seat to drop down under a desk, or restaurant table, and lift almost as high as the ibot.
With new technology like spiral lifts , I am one step closer!

Hopefully I can realise these ambitions, but with a target price of under $10,000-00 including Segway, I hope the Segfree will get a whole lot of people into the woods, and onto the beach!