View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 02:41 PM   #7
Victoria mike
Victoria mike is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Segway Repair time

Hi there,

Things are a little different for us here in Canada, but I feel that we can respond as we have had direct recent dealings with Segway Inc. But first of all I think it is fair to say that something is amiss with the dealer not giving you enough information about the diagnosing, repair, testing of your machine. Did they give you an idea of the costs you are possibly facing first. Example, did they quote you a $75 fee for the pickup and drop off first? Did they provide you with serial numbers of the new batteries? I agree that you should speak directly with the manager about your repairs and what transpired.

All that said the shipping costs might be a little steep, it depends on what they valued your Segway at for shipping. If they valued it at $5,000 which is reasonable then $199 is not out of line but if not then you should be made aware because if something happens to your machine during transport they will only cover damage to $100 plus whatever extra it is insured for (which means you could potentially be out a machine entirely).

Repair time. YES, it can take that long. Unfortunately Segway Inc. can have very long waits for repairs. We have had to have three machines returned for repair this year and it took in excess of two months for us to get them back..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Victoria mike is offline   Reply With Quote