View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 11:25 AM   #2
nickyboy
nickyboy will become famous soon enoughnickyboy will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
Well, I received my stockholder letter yesterday. You know it's not good when it starts off with "Dear Former Stockholder of Segway Inc." It's dated 12 days ago, but was FedEx'd to me just yesterday.

JWH Holdings, Inc. turns out to be a holding company formed for just this transaction (incorporated in Delaware). But if you look up the contact address for notices in the agreement, you'll find that it appears to be the same address as Segway UK. So the upshot is that Segway UK purchased Segway Inc.

My favorite line in the entire document appears on page 13:

Pretty much says it all. The agreement is structured in such a way as to make putting a price tag on it a little difficult. But it's not really a "merger" any more than Chrysler and MB was a merger (e.g., in name only).

Jim Norrod appears out as CEO. Tricia Laidler is the new CEO and Wayne Mitchell is the new COO.

I hope this means a bright future for the remaining company.

John

I assume JWH is Jimmy Heselden, the founder and owner of Hesco Bastion. Jimmy has been a backer of Wayne Mitchell of Segway UK for a couple of years.

Southern Segway
Tel: 0845 619 0007

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

nickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote