Thread: mzokc's Blog
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 11:11 AM   #9
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player
Default making due

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzokc View Post
The new software upgrade has one problem, my spent batteries that gave me about a mile or two of service will now only give service for a few hundred feet! More safety and less battery life! It's time for lithium cells!
Just run over to Ebay and keep an eye on the Segway auctions for spare sets of used NiMH batteries. I'd ask the seller some detailed questions as to how the batteries were treated during their lifetime. And if the seller is nearby, ask to take the NiMH for a test glide of 8 miles. You can get a replacement pair of NiMH for between $100 and $200. I'd hope this will last you another year...something you'll appreciate if quick charge Li-Ions come out during that time!

Also, ask your dealer to refer folks upgrading to Li-Ions to you. You're helping your dealer out because it softens the blow when he tells them that someone will throw in $100 to $200 to help them buy their expensive Li-Ions.