Seginaway
Seginaway will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Default Temperature . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbint View Post
Hi

I was a Segway dealer many years ago.

As I recall, with an early batch of batteries there was a marginal sensor within the BMS that falsely reported a fault, and it was usually a low temperature issue. . .

Cheers
Michael
Did the service bulletin offer any corrective actions?

Trigger was a very "early" X2 (Nov. 2016). Rev. A4 & AF batteries that are MTO rebuilds with 3,500 miles since rebuild along with Triggers total 11,000+ miles.

If it is a "low temperature (sensor) issue", my next action is to increase the garage temperature from current 60F to 65F (step up as necessary).

Another MTO response which may be pertinent:
It could mean that the one output on your charger is slightly higher than the other side. If the tolerances are opposing between the BMS and the charger I suppose it would be possible for the error to go away by switching. By opposing tolerances I mean if the over charge voltage setting in the BMS is set to 80V and your one charger side is putting out 80.1V the red light could occur. It is also quite possible that the red light will re-occur either way as we have definitely seen our fair share of it in the past with those revisions. Regardless of the source of the issue, I would still recommend rotating the batteries and to continue using the timer. . .

I've switched the batteries front to back, back to front and after a few days the Red light has again re-appeared.

Again, as long as I unplug/replug the Red light goes away (for a while) and I haven't seen any degradation in gliding performance. I'm ok with the unplug/replug while the timer accomplishes the same, but I still have concerns and am worried about the long term viability of a very integral and expensive item(s).

Thanks for the info everybody. Glide on!!!!!
Seginaway is offline   Reply With Quote