View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 07:36 PM   #16
AccuXperT
AccuXperT is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoostI2 View Post
Hello,

I want to know if it is possible to reset the battery bms.
This is a very interesting point.
I really have done many experiments with the batteries, but a reset was not previously necessary. I also do not believe that there really is this "reset". Mostly it is up to the voltage level of 23 cells (or cluster, as always 4 cells are connected in parallel). Even at a terminal voltage of 74V, it can happen that a cell only 2V has have the remaining cells 3.1V -> error situation.
I had a battery with a similar error image, the terminal voltage voted extent but a cell had only 1V - red light. I opened the battery and cell balancing manually to the level of other cells. Thereafter, the Segway was no error in operation!
Without the battery to open will not go! If one (or more) defective cells are present that have an incorrect voltage level, then can help no BMS reset!

In other words, your batteries are probably to be regarded as defective. Whether there anything else is to save it can be said only when the battery has been opened and the individual cells were measured.
Sometimes you can save the battery but the capacity will be significantly reduced by the deeply discharge.
AccuXperT is offline   Reply With Quote