View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 12:20 PM   #23
Civicsman
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

The "signal" reference is from the 2005 science fiction movie, Serenity. Mr. Universe is a sort of futuristic webmaster/overseer, getting "the signal" (all of them, from everywhere), and distributing the same. He was fond of saying, "You can't stop the signal". In the movie, the important "signal" did get through, but Mr. Universe himself was collateral damage. If you enjoy entertaining sci-fi, I suggest first watching the TV series Firefly, then watch the movie.

I think maybe JohnM meant that some kind of Segway forum will exist, whatever happens with Ninebot. He did that by referencing the movie line "You can't stop the signal". I thought that was humorous, and continuing the reference, noted that the guy who said that in the movie did not survive to the end credits. There is no intended threat. My original question post was about what effects, if any, NineBot's acquisition of Segway will have on SegwayChat.
Civicsman is offline   Reply With Quote