View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014, 06:56 PM   #17
hsvendsen
hsvendsen

5 yr Member
Default i180 to e167 Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
I had LiIons on my e-167, and it still balanced, after the recall and all upgrades.

They were actively de-e balancing all e-167 at the time of the recall in 2006 however. I had to be very vocal that I would not submit my e-167 for the recall if they were going to remove the self balance. Ultimately, they did the upgrade without removing the self balance.

I do not know how many machines lost and how many retained the self balance at this time, but I also do not know how many e-167s were produced, or how many i-167s were made into e-167s, and visa versa.
When I had my e167 off to Segway Inc. for diagnosis (late 2013) I also asked them if I could send them the motherboards for my i180 to have them 'upgraded' to e167 software. They flatly refused to do that, and told me that they routinely converted e167s in for repairs to i167/i180 configuration unless the customer insisted on retaining the E Stand feature.
I have read several posts regarding the poor/slow service and exorbitant costs charged by Segway Inc. I wholeheartedly agree with many of the complaints.