View Single Post
Old 04-21-2016, 11:08 PM   #16
rotorblades
rotorblades is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civicsman View Post
Hi Strady77,

Unfortunately, technical support for Segway (outside of Segway, Inc. itself) is difficult to obtain everywhere on the planet. The mother ship doesn't release much technical support documentation, and directly handles all important repairs. This MAY change with Segway's new owners, but I haven't seen anything yet that supports this thought.

It is quite unlikely that you will be able to electronically communicate with the Seg. Dealers MIGHT be able to do so, but more likely, all they will get is some kind of error code, rather than detailed diagnostic information. More than likely, the Seg would have to go back to the factory, except I think the factory has only very limited support any more for "Gen 1" machines like the I180. You could send an Email to Segway and ask.

Of course, the Seg won't work with bad batteries, and batteries are one of the most likely failures with Segs. One MUST keep the batteries properly charged, or they will drop below a minimum voltage, and the Seg WILL NOT charge them anymore. If your Seg hasn't been kept on charge regularly (in the 10+ years since it was made), the batteries could easily be bad.

You might try to find someone in Italy that has known good batteries that you could try. Then you'll know if your problem is batteries, battery charger, or something else.

You might also try contacting "MTOBATTERY" on this forum. They may have some ideas about whether you can test the batteries. BE CAREFUL! There can be a LOT of energy in those batteries. Doing the wrong thing can be very dangerous!
you mentioned 220 volts are you sure it shouldn't be 110-120 volts or so im only familiar with x2s so im just
offering a thought
check your manuals they are fairly good
rotorblades is offline   Reply With Quote