View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 08:28 AM   #29
airdale
airdale will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiPlusPlus View Post
Ugh, bad day today

I'll preface my post by confirming my idiocy. I made the assumption that because the E08E errors hadn't been a problem for the past week, that everything was okay until I get it replaced on Friday. However I am am impatient soul.

I had a couple of E08E errors this afternoon, including the unit refusing to turn on at all. Then I did something stupid: I tried to ride it to the gym (about 2 miles away). It shut-down at least 7 times in those 2 miles, twice while I was crossing a busy intersection (!!). It's no fun having to quickly dismount and drag the heavy PT off the road, while onlookers in cars roll their eyes... at rush-hour too, no-less.

To make matters worse: to get to the bicycle storage area of the gym (where I could lock my Segway) from the pedestrian entrance you have to go down a stairwell. The PT shut down an eighth time half-way down the steps, causing me to lose control (no power-assist) and it slipped down 3 steps at once and bashed my left shin, leaving a massive welt (I'll go to the hospital tomorrow to see if I have any hairline fractures).

At that point I gave up. I dragged it to the bicycle rack and called for a friend to pick me up (and there was some trouble there too - my company's Lync system had failed). After taking 3 people to lift the PT into the car's trunk I'm now back at home with my Segway still in the car, now waiting for a contact of mine to take it down to Portland.

I've learned my lesson. I won't ride an error-flashing Segway again
Very sorry to hear all your troubles....We all were very concerned of your error code.....
They are great units and I hope you are not soured on the product....
Hope you heal quickly
airdale is offline   Reply With Quote