View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 11:28 PM   #2
Lily Kerns
Lily Kerns will become famous soon enoughLily Kerns will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwilcox View Post
Does any one know of any active Segway groups in the Kansas City Area. I have just moved to Kansas City and need things to do on my Segway.

Jim
I live near Springfield, so am not that familiar with the KC area activities. If you want to visit the Branson area farther south, there is a rental track and Dogwood Canyon with Segway tours. I'm the only person I know of in this part of the state who actively uses one....

Just a word of warning... The Missouri Department of Conservation does not allow Segs on their properties. If you are disabled, you will be required to get a permit to use it beyond parking lots, restrooms and facilities such as a Nature Center. This permit is good for only one year and you must get a separate permit for every single site you want to use. I believe their policy is totally ADA illegal, based on control not actual safety issues. My complaints have made some difference, but have not yet resolved the issue.

I also believe that your closest dealer is now in either Minneapolis or Branson although it has been a bit since I checked on this.

Welcome to Missouri!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.