View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 11:20 AM   #4
QuadSquad
QuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member
Exclamation This is incorrect information!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeman1961 View Post
From their webpage:
"Segway® Human Transporter Device
Batteries on the Segway® Human Transporter are lithium, similar to a laptop battery, and do not require removal or any disconnection of the power source. If this device is used as a mobility device, it may be stowed in the cabin on a first-come basis. Customers may ride their Segway to the aircraft door and guide it into the closet. It can climb stairs."

https://www.aa.com/i18n/agency/Trave...orter%20Device
This information is not correct! The lithium content contained in the batteries powering the i2 exceed that which is permissible to be transported on a passenger carrying aircraft.

The link which is provided, while active as of last week, is not a link which is provided to the traveling public through the AA.com website. American Airlines is investigating this and it appears to be provided to travel agents which was somehow overlooked when updating their website.

American Airlines is aware of the prohibition and also aware of the fact that the i2 at the moment is only operational utilizing lithium ion batteries which exceed the permissible level of lithium.
QuadSquad is offline   Reply With Quote