View Single Post
Old 05-26-2017, 02:25 AM   #4
Philip
Philip will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Default Two i180s gives you "redundancy"

The Segway i180 is a very nice Segway PT to ride and use. The first-generation Segway PTs have a certain "directness" to them when you are riding. I liken it to driving a first-generation Mazda Miata/MX-5, compared with the latest version.

If your pair of i180s have had relatively few hours of use then they almost certainly still have years and years of life left in them. If you only need one unit to be operational, then you can keep the other one for "redundancy" - your own personal source for the ever-decreasing availability of certain replacement parts (especially CSB chargers and Turning Grips). That said, gliding is even fun with a friend, so maybe you want both units up and running :-)

Do you have NiMH or Lithium packs? If you have NiMH then I suggest you get one pair repacked (the latest cells give at least 10% more range than the packs did back in 2005). If you have Lithium packs, perhaps just take the plunge and buy a new pair?