View Single Post
Old 08-20-2017, 08:15 AM   #4
i2Macman
i2Macman is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Thanks for your replies to my questions about infokeys etc.

The batteries are indeed the original 2006 batteries. They appeared to be quite healthy OK each time I did a start-up and glide around for about for about 1 km or two. Both batteries flicking green, no sign of red lights at all. But it is possible that they have reached a degradation tipping point without a grand fanfair.

I have drainded the batteries which took at least around nine hours from an apparent full charge. I found it difficult to get a definite answer on the use of a switch during charging cycles having found anectodally in posts as many in favour as against the practice. I wonder if its possible to nail down the dicotomy of views to just one with some evidence? It seems a difficult task to say the least.

The recharge seemed successful so far with both battery lights again flicking green from an overnight charge. Ambient temperatures around the garage located Seg storage is ~ -4 deg C.

Unable to test my charged Seg and infokeys just at the moment for similar or improved behaviour but will advise on final retest shortly.
Thanks again for your troubles to reply.
i2Macman is offline   Reply With Quote