View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 11:33 PM   #8
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I wonder what we should call a person who describes them self as a segway supporter, yet all of the supporters of him here do so, saying that he is not a supporter, but instead is a check and balance. All of the supporters here that I have read seem to say that his best feature and contribution here is that he "lets the hot air out of the discussion" or words to that effect.

I feel he is a troll, but there are surely some here who feel that his antagonist behavior is welcome. I maintain that being appreciated does not make him not a troll, but that there are some here who prefer someone else to keep them in check, or someone to play devil's advocate.

In this case, I believe he is not playing devil's advocate however, as he is not playing a role, as would be required for that position. My understanding of that position is that you choose to present the opposite of your normal perspective, in an effort at objectiveness.

My ability to keep myself in check set aside, I do not come here to hear anti segway positions, nor to hear how bicycles are superior to segways. There are many other places to hear perspectives like that. I come here to hear how segway enthusiasts feel about things. I share my perspectives here to see how others who share my passions about segways feel. I can guess how people who do not value what I value will respond, and if I want to explore that, I would go to the appropriate places.

I feel I understand JohnM and his motivations. I wonder of the dynamics of people who feel the need for others, who clearly do not share their passions, to let out their hot air.

Anyone who pays any attention to me at all knows that I love to bloviate, am completely happy to puff up on my own hot air for extended periods, and have no desire to have someone who does not see segways as I see them tell me how much better other conveyances are...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.

Last edited by KSagal; 02-15-2014 at 11:46 PM..
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote