View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 02:18 AM   #18
JohnM
JohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
This is one of my "Duh!" moments. If these car companies had any decent accountants they would have figured out what was going on months ago!

I would require the 'Big 3' car companies to only make electric cars - or at least to not make any cars that run on gas. Make all of them take the same size batteries - getting the gas stations to add a battery swapping station too.

I think that then Segway sales would soar!

Glenn
"I would require...", hmmm.

If you are considering a fascist takeover of American industry in order to increase Segway sales, why not just dictate that each household purchase one Segway per member over the age of 2? Anything short of forcing people to buy Segways at gunpoint leaves open the option to buy a more efficient transportation alternative, say an electric assist bike.

Personally, I'm still a big proponent of democracy and capitalism. Let the people decide. Libertarianism with a hint of anarchism floats my boat.
RUSA #235
UMCA #

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

JohnM is offline   Reply With Quote