View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 01:35 AM   #17
Civicsman
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Quote:
Now, it is nice for some to come on here and dismiss another's argument and say that they do not understand what is going on, but some of us have stated many times on this forum what our position is, and being new here is not sufficient to excuse not doing your homework before you speak.
Karl,
I think we agree on much, including that one should do some homework before they speak. I wonder, therefore, why you didn't point a finger towards the unsupported "corruption and inept management" statement that kicked off this argument? Unlike some, I've given reasons that support my perspectives.

What you and I appear not to agree on are political views, characterized by, "Punitive taxes, where horribly inefficient robber barons (governments) steal money to artificially inflate the cost of energy we used today to force us into less efficient energies of the future is not a solution to today's problems, but an increase in them... ". Sounds Libertarian, maybe with a hint of anarchism. Whatever floats your boat.

Like I said, everybody has a solution. Mine was only one approach. However, I'm pretty sure that "stay the course" is going to get us all in a LOT of trouble, and people will NOT do the "right thing" by themselves, unless it happens to coincide with what makes life easier for them. If your "robber barons" don't force energy efficiency and clean energy on the unwashed masses in some manner, and in the near future, the economic system will become even more unstable, hunger will become much more prevalent, and the planetary environment will go down the tube. However, I agree that forcing people to electric cars now will not be useful. As you addressed your most recent post to me, did you think I was suggesting that, or did that comment relate to an earlier post?

Finally, I don't consider it my responsibility to search back through archives to find what you or anybody else might have said on any given subject a year ago. I consider "doing homework" as finding (and posting) facts that support my perspective, not parsing through old posts for other opinions.
Civicsman is offline   Reply With Quote