View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 07:37 PM   #5
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsmr2 View Post
What do you mean by "samples" Karl? Also, we weren't pushing too hard, no hills, etc. We rode 1-1/2 miles and no change in the performance. As mentioned, we did change the SPD setting on the infokey just a little while ago and it is going faster but the face icon is still winking.

Denise
The segway monitors the power in the batteries, and it does this by taking a reading of the voltage (a sample) at regular intervals. It uses the data from these readings to determine lots of stuff, and uses them in conjunction with the other readings (like amperage to motors, rpm of motors, and much more).

I was over simplifying the fact that a very full battery (just unplugged) in a just turned on segway, when put to a large load (like up a steep hill, or just riding it very hard, right away, will often put the segway into a reduced performance mode. It will go into reduced performance earlier than it would later in the glide.

The segway takes several minutes time to collect enough data to work at peak performance. If there is too little data currently (since turn on) than the segway will error to the conservative.

That was all I was suggesting. Given your additional information given, it was not likely a factor.

Also, I have a very early i2, earlier than the ability to set the max speed, and the most current program in you info key. So, I have reached the limit of what I know regarding your situation.

I hope you figure it out, and post what you find. Perhaps someone with a more recent machine and more current knowledge will fill us all in on why your machine is blinking at you.

If your machine blinks at you, and not at your husband, is it possible that you happen to wearing a particularly fetching outfit, or perhaps a new coif?

It is an interesting problem you have, especially since we have been calling him blinky since 2002. (Well, 2003 for me) And yours is actually blinking at you. This may also be a situation that is normal, and I just do not recall it.

Good luck, glide more. Keep YOUR eyes open.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote