View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 06:14 PM   #2
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsmr2 View Post
One of my i2 infokeys is displaying a smiling face that is showing a winking eye and the open eye (toggling back & forth between the two) when riding. No turtle/beginner mode icon is displayed. Also, the unit will only go a pretty slow speed. I understand about the speed limiter. I cannot find any information in the reference manual on this blinking/toggling back & forth of the open and winking eye face??? What does this mean and does it have anything to do with why it will only go fairly slow. My other i2 leaves it in the dust and doesn't display this type of face. Note: when I use the other infokey I have for it, it doesn't go slow but does also have the winking & open eye face. What does this mean? I look forward to the replies on this.

Denise in Maryland
When you say 'fairly slow' could you put a number to it? Also, does his mouth change also? (Usually from a smile to a flat expression or even a frown)

Lastly, when in the glide is this? If right near the beginning (unplugged less than a 1/4 mile ago) it may have to do with being used hard without a good idea of what is in the batteries.

Mine will give some reduced performance if I glide too hard, or down a big hill, right at the start of the glide. Later on, it is fine.

This is because the machine samples the batteries to get a power consumption rate, and it can predict use and distance. At the very beginning of the glide, it does not have enough samples, and when pushed, will go into reduced performance mode rather than overtax itself.

Later in the glide, it will have plenty of samples and let it do as much as it will let you do.

So... Any more details to help with this diagnosis from afar?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote