View Single Post
Old 05-20-2017, 02:07 PM   #3
Don M
Don M is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I plug both of mine in once every 6 weeks or so when we're not using them and let them charge until the lights come on steady and then unplug them. Others here will swear this isn't the way to do it, but it works for me, so your experience may vary

I think the ideal way to do it would be to discharge your batteries to half-way and then use a timer to give them about 10 minutes of charge every day. Fully recharge just before you go gliding. Lithiums like to be stored with lower SOC's to give you the longest life

For long term storage, if you remove the batteries they'll be fine if you put them back on and recharge them once every 6 months or so - They self discharge very little when not on the machine. I have 2 spare batteries that I've been doing this with. I do check the voltage on those two every couple months and they're always above 75 volts

A wheel wobble is probably a bent axle - A long time Seg Polo player said this happens all the time and the solution is to lay the Seg on it's side with the bent wheel up and rotate the wheel to find the high spot and then sit on it with all your weight - Bounce up and down as needed until there is no longer a high spot. Worked for me as well

Don
Don M is offline   Reply With Quote