View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 06:59 AM   #6
rwoynaro
rwoynaro is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregRice View Post
All my life I’ve had people want to give me a hand with things that they see as being a challenge. Even before I bought a Segway, I stood out in a crowd. For those of you who might not know, I’m about three feet tall. You don’t see people everyday my size, so when some people do, they just want to try and make my life a little easier. When you see someone my size on a Segway, it’s a bigger attention getter. All of us who use our Segways know what I’m talking about being an attraction. Having lived for over 6 decades in a world not built to my scale, there are some things I can use a little help doing. But for the most part I can do whatever I need to do. I’ve also learned that when it comes to something that someone wants to assist me with, if I’m not already doing it, it’s better to let them do their good deed for the day. It not only makes them feel a litter bit better, it also gives them a story to tell in the future. Especially when we’re on our Segways.
Thanks for sharing Greg, you expanded my mind a bit. I may try and change a bit. I can always work on my self-reliance and skills on my own time by myself, maybe I will just let others join in more to make them feel good too. Its going to take some practice as I am so used to taking care of myself and doing what I can as a rule.
rwoynaro is offline   Reply With Quote