Thread: mzokc's Blog
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 12:23 AM   #24
mzokc
mzokc is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Default Customer Support Answers

Customer Support responded today to my questions. The $200 charge is what Segway would charge for a full diagnostic if I did not get the PT repaired. With a $100 dealer charge for shipping, it would be a bit pricey just to verify the need to update.

I had a good discussion today with my Segway dealer about "Power Assist Mode," one feature that is missing on the i2. I mostly use PAM to brush off the wheels before bringing the PT into the house. Remembering that it was possible to use the balance assist to move the PT, the feature won't be totally missed. However the lack of turning the wheels with a twist of the wrist will take time to get used to.

He explained about how the i167 glided normally with a set of new batteries, but the PT would not charge properly. You all responded correctly with your earlier posts of what was wrong.

Since I have multiple sets of NiHm batteries, an interesting option that the dealer would support is to use the good NiHM batteries on the i2 and get a refund of about $1000 on the LIons. But I don't plan on flying with the PT, so the best option may be to exercise the NiHMs to health and then sell them. I have never used LIons in OKC, but the need for more distance when enjoying events in Southern California would make LIons a must.

Thanks Will for the feedback. The majority opinion of owners indicates that they love the i2 and x2 after gliding for awhile. If the history museum ever needs a PT, they should obtain the one from our NBA mascot, "Rumble." They have started a collection of NBA stuff, so it would fit right in with that display area.