View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 06:29 AM   #3
rotorblades
rotorblades is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee
Exclamation

it would be best if you had something in writing. i tried to get clearance first. because i was having trouble getting it on a small local airline.
i blazed a smooth trail for you. the stateroom doorways are very narrow so my fatty tires wouldn't fit in.mine is my electric mobility device.i pulled mine in sideways
a soft handlebar bumper like pipe insulation will help when you have to lean it by itself. i had to turn mine off once and lay it downin bigger wavesto sit and eat
get a plant pot caster wheels so you can pull yours sidewaysi nto the rooms. mine was an outside balcony room some double doors needed to be unclipped to open the second door. but mine is extra wide.
be careful and let us know what you learn please
my cruise was to mexico on the crown princess.

all in all the whole crew and other passengers were very accommodating. the hallways were small and blocked by cleaning carts or dishes sometimes
a lot of doors open doubleautomaticallyonly problem in boarding is i think some people that said yes didnt tell others-like security held me up for a long timethey wanted to see something in writing. they wanted me or someone to walk it on some of the short gangplanks. but when they let me i was able to ride on and off easily. this was from los angeles.most people were jealous even the crew
they are handy getting to the parking lot.the only problems i had was because the security hold up was painful. there was not many places to sitwhile in line. oh give it a try but please dont ruin it for others that follow.
i found that turning sideways and doing a quick lean against a wall made other walkers more at ease. im an old guy i think some might have feared i would fall over on them so i went dead slow and turned sideways.a lot.it seemed to really helpi had to wait until the local police showed up with their search dog. that wasnt too bad. only painful for me to stand so long.

Last edited by rotorblades; 12-30-2014 at 06:40 AM..
rotorblades is offline   Reply With Quote