View Single Post
Old 03-11-2006, 08:21 AM   #16
Murray Fisher
Murray Fisher is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Thanks Sal, I have pix of mine but like the Segway, they are all the same so if you have seen one you have seen them ALL. Well almost. We went to a DeLorean Car Show in Memphis where there were over 100 of them a couple years ago....What a sight! 22 of them caravanned from Texas etc and as they came about six blocks from Elvis's Heart Break Hotel where the convention center was located, they all popped their doors in what I call the Parade Stance...That was just spectacular!! A bunch of them drove a long stretch in Texas at over 100 MPH and I guess that was quite a sight too, A cop pulled over at a rest stop and looked them over but did not give them a ticket. HE just wanted pix! Ho Ho. My criteria in buying it was that it be gray upholstery, automatic and the original stainless steel.....some have been painted....I got what I wanted and it is original except for my addition of remote start, lock/unlock, lights, alarm system etc. Love it and, like the Segway, I love showing it off!! Ho Ho.
In my recent "bout" with a Simon run Mall where they ejected me on the Segway for being a dangerous machine that could mow down customers at 12.5 MPH...I commented that I had a DeLorean sports car that supposedly would go 170 MPH but I had never driven it that fast and did not run the Segway at 12.5. All the vendors and customers I talked to as I rode the Segway were astounded that an 85 year old man cruising along with his wife at walking speed (3 MPH) would be considered a hazard! But wheel chairs were allowed!! Go figure. Ho Ho.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by salkulkarni

Murray, I am a jealous man... I have lusted after the DeLorean after I saw one parked in the lot at JFK when I was aroun 9 years old... I went up to the hood, immediately recognizing the car, and touched the 'DMC' in the front grille. It was night time so I couldn't really peek in, and my parents weren't too interested in sticking around in the winter air as we were about to drive a relative home from international arrivals.

Anyway... you're a lucky guy.

I'd LOVE to see pics.

-Sal

Segway Chat Member since July 2003
Segway Owner since August 2003
Murray Fisher
Murray Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote