View Single Post
Old 03-10-2006, 11:34 PM   #13
Murray Fisher
Murray Fisher is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Yes, the DeLorean is dated alright, although it celebrates its 25th anniversary this year and looking at other 25 year old cars it is not bad! I bought it with 3K miles 9 years ago and now it has 8K miles. Still like new. It is just like the Segway HT in attracting attention.....Also like the Segway in town here, it is the ONLY one. Even after 9 years, heads turn continuously and I have to almost RUN out of the car at parking lots or will be swamped with people commenting and wanting to sit in it etc. We went to a Classic Car show a while back and entered it......my wife commented she counted at ONE point, 21 people standing around it and looking at it and next to us was a beautifully restored Vette that had 3 people! I felt kinda guilty as this guy spent years restoring the Vette and all did to enter the show as to wash it! (I won 1str place out of 82 in my class. (Original unrestored) Anywhere there are exotic cars in attendance, it takes LOOKERS away from them almost instantly. When I pop those gull wing doors, even more come up....But the Segway is almost the same thing! I have a good friend with a replica Lambo that is as good as the original thing and we go places together lots of times....when we come out from a restaurant the crowds are always around the DeLorean!! Makes him a little mad! Ho Ho. Lots of fun.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mr. Protocol

For years, I wanted a DeLorean so badly my teeth hurt. Someone drove one to work here for a while so I got a good close look. Magnificently-designed car, but it's now in a sort of uneasy transition from super-modern sports car to classic. It looks sexy as all-get-out on the outside but the inside looks - well, really dated.

Still, if you mounted a Segway inside it as a spare, that would jazz it up no end.
Murray Fisher
Murray Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote