View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 02:47 PM   #27
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

There was large scale government spending that was tried during the Great Depression, and many economists feel it worsened the depression... Some have said that this large spending (the new deal?) would have ended the great depression, had WW2 not done it for us...

I would consider that 1929 was the crash (and the economy was not good before that, but stocks were...) and we got attacked by Japan in 1941. That is 12 years, on my calendar. That means we will still be in a depression in 2020 at least, unless we go to war first. And there was lots of spending by the government at that time.

History is full of many different views of this and that, so if you do the research, you can find some expert to justify just about any position...

I like the fact that we are supposed to buy into this who giant spending program as a way out of this recession yet it was done in September or October, (It had to be done right away!?!) and it did not change anything except finance some nice retreats)

Now, the current administration wants to do it again. I guess they like George Bush's policies after all.

Since the New Deal spent a great deal of money, but did not end the Great Depression, we may want to consider that spending a $trillion on today's deal might not be such a good idea....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.

Last edited by KSagal; 02-09-2009 at 03:32 PM..
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote