View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 02:14 PM   #25
GlennO
GlennO is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I was trying to imply sort of what has been mentioned since - a change can/will come along to get at least some of us to switch to a local-use electric vehicle.

I know that it won't work for everybody, but the "Big 3" isn't every auto maker in the USA - there are others down South, as they say.

No, cars aren't selling because between the low mortgage rates going up after their first year and the price of gas last summer left quite a few people broke, and we don't even need to get into any Ponzi schemes too.

If you did have an electric car that used a battery that went about a hundred miles on one charge you could live with it for most uses, and leave it plugged in at a (gas-powered) rental place while you did those bigger jobs. Gas stations should be able to swap out your batteries too - for a fee of course.

The urban/suburban factor is important too. If you have a fifty mile a day/each way/ commute electric might not work for you. There are millions of Americans that do drive a short distance to get to work, though. I was just hoping to give it a little kick to get it going.

However, I do agree that using zero-point-modules would be the best way (that I can think of) to go.

Glenn
GlennO is offline   Reply With Quote