View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 02:23 PM   #15
QuadSquad
QuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member

As much as I would like to be wrong I can't find a single expert that agrees with segrick-ATL's interpretation of this.

Everybody I've talked to says....HUH?...No, No, No that's not correct.

The trouble with airlines is that hazmat issues are relatively complex and they don't know one battery from another so you can sometimes bamboozle and hoodwink them but if you get caught you're going to pay a serious price.

That together with virtually every airline that I fly on, which includes American, Southwest and on rare occasions United knows that the only Segway which can use nickel metal hydrate batteries is the generation one.

They also know that the reason 1300 Segs4Vets recipients aren't flying around with them is because of the prohibition of lithium ion batteries.If you show up with that funny looking one that steers weird you're going to be suspect right out of the box on those airlines.

But I'm always hoping that there's just an inkling of a chance that we are all wrong and segrick-ATL's right but I wouldn't want to bet $75,000 on it.
QuadSquad is offline   Reply With Quote