View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 07:00 AM   #39
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazertoyz View Post
Hi , just signed up so I a newbie. What a great forum ! Back to topic, I want to ask how the Segway knows it is a NiMH I have a Lion pack and want to modify it to Lipo (I am very familliar with Lipos) without all the feedback the segway wants . Does anyone have a pinout for the NiMH packs.
Thanks
I am no battery expert, but there is a lot of communication between the segway and the battery, with most of the charging circuit in the battery itself, and mostly just the power supply in the segway.

Because of this, I do not believe you can get a LiIon battery to act like a NiMH battery. It is much more complicated than that.

Again, because of all the voltage and current sensing that goes on between the battery and the segway main boards, I do not believe you can do what you said you planned to do in your post.

If you deny the segway all the feedback it wants, as you put it, the segway will just stop operating, or may not even turn on.

Good luck. Keep reading. Talk to the people who really know, instead of the rest of us who make believe we know. There are a few names of good folks here who will come up when you read, that offer good advise, and data.

When you finally get to it, check in with segway or MTO. In the long run, or the short run, eventually you will need the support of either of those two when it comes to replacement of you batteries.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote