View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 10:50 PM   #36
roboscan
roboscan is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amimoto View Post
would recommend MTO battery's rebuild pack, it's design for Segway, with proper insulation and vibration damper, also it is using much thicker nickle plates to handle high current under hill climb and steep decent.

your link with the 10 pack Ni-Mh might work but really not recommended.

also with the plastic package, the battery temperature sensor will not work properly, and will send false signal to the BMS, causing the battery to under charge and might enter emergency shut down mode during hill climb and decent.

that cable is not heavy enough to carry the current either, it will get very hot on heavy load causing the insulation to melt.
Thank you for the reply... those are the kinds of things that I worry about - obviously... I don't want battery melt-downs or Segway shut-downs when I least expect it. I don't use the Segway nearly as much as I "should" so to spend a lot on batteries is nearly unjustifiable, but a dead Segway is no use either.

That site also sells individual Cells but I figured the pre-built packs would be better than what I could attempt to "Remake." In the interest of safety, I will look at MTO.

Thank you,

Jason
roboscan is offline   Reply With Quote