View Single Post
Old 05-23-2015, 05:30 PM   #8
QuadSquad
QuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member
Default Where are you being challenged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily Kerns View Post
does anyone have any definitive information on the legal status of Segway clones (1-2-3 wheeled devices using similar technology) when the issue of what is covered by state EPAMD laws comes up?

I'm preparing to confront Missouri's Department of Conservation again (this time hopefully in person) on their blatantly illegal rules regarding use of segs by the disabled. (They now classify "Hoverrounds and mobility scooters" along with Segways as EPAMDs requiring a permit.) The issue of their compliance with state EPAMD law is also likely to come up and I'd like to give them a heads up on this question...
Lily, where are you specifically being challenged? I was led to believe last fall by the MDC General Counsel that while they were working on revising their regulations to comply with the ADA revisions that in the meantime she'd try to make sure those with disabilities using Segways wouldn't be denied access.
QuadSquad is offline   Reply With Quote