View Single Post
Old 05-22-2015, 12:26 AM   #5
Lily Kerns
Lily Kerns will become famous soon enoughLily Kerns will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
I suspect that if it looks like a segway they will think it a segway, even if you educate them. A Segway is a brand name, it is not a definition of a device. An EPAMD is a definition of a device, so if they want to use that term, it is already defined in such a way that the ninebot already fits it. I believe it deals with two non tandem wheels, self balancing, made for one person, less than 25 inches wide, etc, and all that fits both the i2 and the ninebot.

Good luck. Perhaps some more familiar with making entities comply with the federal and other mandates will chime in with more or better data...

Keep up the good fight.
Thanks, Karl. You've made the point I was hoping to hear.

But that doesn't make it any easier for the shop owner or dept of Conservation or any one else when someone shows up on a "skateboard" or "unicycle" claiming it is their mobility device and that because it uses Segway technology it should be considered an EPAMD and comes under the ADAs OPDMD classification. There will eventually have to be some clarification I would guess.... Without some safety studies to back it up, I think it would be difficult to justify their claim as a mobility device.

Just trying to think ahead for potential problem areas...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lily Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote