View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 10:36 PM   #12
rotorblades
rotorblades is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by segrick-ATL View Post
Amen to that suggestion! Having MS, balance is an issue. I called the local tour operator in Atlanta and booked a tour for my wife and I, but was a little concerned about the balance issue. I called and explained the situation and asked if I could try it out a day earlier in private so I wouldn't look like a dummy and 'fall off' in front of everyone.
I got on the Segway in the store and went a few feet and turned around, then another couple of times. I commented, "that was easy!" and the nice lady helping me said, "I told you it was!"
That's my experience - I use my Segway every day at work - your story may work out as well. Try it and see. It can be liberating!
can you stand for awhile? can you step up a stepand back down quickly? if so i would give it a go. my using my segway definately has strengthened my weak leg and helped most everything elsei like bumps or going off curbs with my x2 it stretches my tendons nicely
try raising up on your toes and heels if you can you may be able to nicely control a segway- let us know
rotorblades is offline   Reply With Quote