View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 10:21 AM   #2
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorblades View Post
i have x2s i keep them plugged into my solar system especially if a cold spell is coming. i keep a record of my charging too if it happens to be less than overnight. can anyone tell me if after i get solid greens-then the two green blinkeys does the speed of the two blinkey greens means anything and more to my question. does the charge=blinkeys ever stop on their own to indicate full charge and charge stop
is the blinkey pulse charge like an equalizing charge for lead acid wet cells?sorry for so many questions all at once. we should have a charge info section for this forum?
To my knowledge, the blinking never ends. The rate of the blink is significant. The initial blinking is an analysis mode, then the solid lights for charge, then a quick blink for balancing and top off charge, then a slow blink to do a final balance and maintenance. This final slow blink will remain as long as they have power.

At least the above has been my understanding.

Also, some years ago, I switched to a timer, so that the batteries are not on charge for extended periods of time. My timer is only active for about 8 hours a day, so even if not used, it will will go thru all those cycles daily.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote