View Single Post
Old 07-02-2006, 04:11 PM   #18
[email protected]
dale@thecoys.net will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgophile
What's the deal with this guy? I have seen this exact auction numerous times over the last year and the auction ends, supposedly with a winner and pops back up again in a few days. He never responds to questions either. Obviously he isn't making any effort at salesmanship. Is he some kind of anti-Segway activist? Anyone know anthing...

Roger

http://cgi.ebay.com/Segway-HT-AS-IS-...QQcmdZViewItem
Some information in the listing gets updated, occasionally. For instance, it now says "New OEM Segway Batteries just installed June 27, 2006."

At the moment, it's at $1,225 and "Reserve not met". I think I remember in the past that the auction ended in a "Reserve not met" status, which means that there isn't a winning bidder. The seller just didn't make the sale.

Assuming it's always the same seller, the seller has good feedback and looks reputable. So, perhaps the reserve price is higher than anybody wants to bid. The seller could set the reserve price as high as the Buy-it-now price ($4,000) and perhaps higher than that. Hmmmm.

Obviously, the seller has some axe to grind with Segway, but it's not obvious what. Keep an eye on the auction this time, and see what happens.
dale@thecoys.net is offline   Reply With Quote