View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 08:37 AM   #1
JohnG
Uber Administrator
Wise Segway Elder
JohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Arrow Doug Field Leaving Segway for Apple

Doug Field, the chief technology officer at Segway who heads their entire engineering team (and has since Day 1), is leaving Segway to work in product design at Apple.

Doug has been the driving force in making the Segway what it is today and will be sorely missed at the company. However, with every change comes good and bad. So while it's bad the rich history and experience of Doug is leaving, it's good in that perhaps the team will get a fresh perspective into possible engineering solutions for future versions of the Segway (or Segway-like applications).

And hey, what can be better than a gig at Apple? These days, in the design and engineering world, not much!!

We wish Doug all the luck in moving on!!

John

PS - For any reporters still writing this story, I do not work at Segway and haven't for 2 1/2 years! I was the Web manager from 2001-2006, but am no longer working there.

Last edited by JohnG; 07-08-2008 at 12:33 PM.. Reason: Clarify my role
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote