View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 12:23 AM   #8
dudeman1961
dudeman1961 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I have an i2. No, it doesn't work @ Disney, but they lost the lawsuit but they have enough $ that they made their own 'equivalent' (in the eyes of the court) mobility device.

I have called ahead but most have never seen a Segway used as a mobility device, only on tours and are confused how it could be used by 'the handicapped'.
I 'just went' to the Oakland Museum (Oakland, CA) and was stopped by security. When I was denied I told them, "well, now we're gonna fill out a DOJ complaint form" they folded quicky. We had a wonderful time and all the security people thought it was so cool.
Same with the Huntington Museum in Pasadena, CA. I was watched like a hawk as I rolled up to 'Blue Boy' and 'Pinkie'. Now their website specifically calls out use of a Segway as a permissible mobility device (http://huntington.org/accessibility/).
I called DOJ about Getty and Steinhart, telling them that I had not visited but was informed over the phone of their policy and would be denied entry if I just showed up. DOJ said if I wanted to lodge a complaint I could and it would proceed from there; both museums didn't care if I lodged a complaint, they were sure it was 'too dangerous for their art' and I 'might fall into an aquarium'. I did not pursue a complaint.
dudeman1961 is offline   Reply With Quote