View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 12:11 PM   #6
Pescador12
Pescador12 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale@thecoys.net View Post
In April, my grandson was riding one of our XTs. It gave the shutdown warning, he stepped off, and it did shut down. Trying to restart it gave the usual red warning when the key was applied. Note: it was running fine before the shutdown.

I took it to the local place that Segway says is a dealer - http://mmtran.com/

Of course, the local branch office doesn't actually have anybody who knows anything, so they sent it to their main office. That office tried, but couldn't figure out what was wrong, so they sent it to Segway.

I just got (in August, by telephone) a repair estimate of over $1,800. They said they needed to replace 2 wiring harnesses, a circuit board, some other things, and the handlebar. Note: it was working fine just before it shut down.

I told them "no, just send it back". I wonder what shape it will be in when (if) it returns.
That sounds like a list of possible parts that could cause the problem. For instance, a list of everything in the steering control path. Would like to see how they troubleshoot.

Do they replace a harness with a mockup part to see if that fixes it? Then install a new harness. Or just shotgun it as there is no chance of a repeat write-up since everything was replaced? Unless they replace everything on the wrong wheel as in the above example
Pescador12 is offline   Reply With Quote