View Single Post
Old 05-06-2017, 09:31 AM   #7
airdale
airdale will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edugimeno View Post
Reinvent the wheel? Do you know how much does a 18650 battery cost? I do know how much a repair service costs for these batteries. I've saved myself LOTS of money by repairing battery packs by replacing individual cells that were broken, instead of buying a >$100 new pack or using a refurb service.

I've fixed all sorts of batteries and electronics boards in the last 35 years. Who ever doesn't know what they're doing should be using their service, whoever knows what they're doing should be safe to do this.

If I didn't know what I'm talking about I wouldn't even be bothering getting into this. I just haven't dealt with the specific Segway battery pack before, but there's always a first time. My friend is bringing his over in a few days
Then go for it buddy!!!!....Why are you even asking questions on a open form then?( should be asking on a battery forum).....Good luck to you and I hope you never get in between the - side with any type of load behind it!

Far as I know a new battery is $900.....an ER visits far more, and if you get any burns or your heart stops, I'll guess it will cost a little more!