View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 10:56 PM   #2
Pescador12
Pescador12 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edugimeno View Post
Hi there.
So rry if this has been asked before, I checked some pages down and couldn't find it.
I have experience in repairing different battery packs from different appliances, finding the shorted element, find the proper type for replacement, solder, etc...

Last week a friend told me that his segway is broken cause his friend borrowed it for some months and left it discharged for too long, so now it would refuse to start up

I've seen some videos about the battery inside, the control board, etc, but with not much detail.

Has anyone here ventured into "home repairing" this block? Does it have regular 18650 batteries in it? What other info do you guys know about it?

Thanks in advance!!
Which Segway? The newer ones use Lithium batteries with a fairly unique chemical mix. They are from Valence and are 26650 configuration, not like the more common 18650. It looks like the cells are roughly $8 each from Valence.

See page 3 of this thread for Civicsman's post on the manufacturer.
http://forums.segwaychat.org/showthr...t=34643&page=3

You might be better off effort and cost wise, looking into one of the battery repair services. I think there are a couple of businesses on here that handle that.