View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 07:22 PM   #6
PeteInLongBeach
PeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura aboutPeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member

It depends on your anticipated or intended usage. The minipro could not replace my i2 for my usage.
  • I often need most of the 24 mile range of the i2. The minipro range is only 14 miles.
  • I would find the top speed of 10 mph a bit too slow for the distances I travel.
  • I use my i2 over a variety of questionable terrain (bumps, holes, sidewalk breaks, and other irregularities and debris). The wheels on the minipro are too small to safely deal with many of these scenarios.
  • I often need to carry stuff (helmet, lock, groceries, etc.) both in the bag and hung from the handlebar. There is little or no provision for this on the minipro.
  • The i2 is convertible for off-road (and higher top speed) with my x2 conversion parts.
  • I have not yet seen evidence that the minipro has the same redundancy in systems that the i2 has. Having gone through a few failures and graceful shutdowns, I can't emphasize enough how important this is for safety.

Last edited by PeteInLongBeach; 08-07-2016 at 07:30 PM..
PeteInLongBeach is offline   Reply With Quote